Thursday, May 27, 2010

Not ‘On the Road Again’

Well – I’m still in Bend!  Got up bright and early – those of you who know me well know I don’t exactly rise and shine – got the rig over to Coachmasters only 15 minutes late, only to discover a couple of hours later, when I was expecting the ‘we’re all done’ call that in fact the brake pads were the wrong ones.  Ahh yes…..

I’m spending the night – a chilly thunderstormy night – in the Coachmasters parking lot.  The heat is on – the dogs are asleep although they haven’t yet had dinner – I have electric hook-ups so I’m going to have some cheater mac and cheese tonight.  I’m going to take a shower and fall into bed. 

I spent the day tracking down the sewer hose collar piece that did NOT come in the box from Walmart as it should have – and I didn’t notice ‘til now as I didn’t need it ‘til now, and yes, I NEED it!  I realized how long Bend is as I drove up and down, up and down!!  My Dad commented on that when they built the parkway in 2001 – I’ve spent $40 in fuel the last week just sort of going nowhere!

Oh – the good news is the rent check cleared and I got my ‘utility’ bills paid – as well as my health insurance.  I even have fuel money.  If I ever get to leave town!  LOL  If the part is wrong tomorrow I will go back to Cris and Tim’s to wait – the view is infinitely better there! 

I’ve said goodbye to Dale yet again – bought every last little thing I think I might need; poop bags on sale, Yerba Mate for Emma, a soft Frisbee for Katy, etc.  As if these items don’t exist in Idaho or Wyoming!  I’ve told Emma my goal is certainly to be to Jackson by the 8th – she arrives from St Paul that day. One would have thought I had time to spare – now I wonder if my boss really believes I’m ever going to show up!  :) 

Maybe I’ll be on the road tomorrow – I’ll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment