Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Progress!

We’re in the midst of a thunder storm right now.  I’m heading out in a few minutes for my last Bend supper – at least for a few weeks.  Going to a burger place with a friend who works at Costco. 

Got a check for the rent that was due; of course the check is being covered by a deposit the tenant made today, and of course that deposit was a check – so the funds aren’t available until tomorrow – but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  With a little luck I’ll be able to pay a handful of bills tomorrow, get the trailer brakes done and head for Idaho! 

My goal tomorrow night is somewhere near Boise.  Mark says there are some nice rest areas – boy – I’ve never done this – I wonder if I’ll sleep at all!  I’ll have to decide if a truck stop or a rest area is my better bet.  Ugh.  Oh well – it’ll all work out.  It always does!

I’ll be staying at one of two Forest Service parks managed by the Aud & Di group who are to be my bosses.  It’s been a while since I’ve had a boss!  I just realized that.  Hmmm……..wonder how this will go?  I get to stay for free if I help pick up litter.  Seems a fair trade.

I said a temporary good bye to Christian, my 25 year old, this afternoon.  I sure like the young man he is.  He has a great moral compass, and it’s becoming clear to me that’s one of the most important things we can give our kids. 

OK – enough rambling!  I know – no pictures yet – I promise – they’ll come!  Tomorrow night hello from the road – presuming I have the oomph and the aircard to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment