Friday, June 25, 2010

Here we go!

Well – it has mostly stopped raining – and my first group is here!  The Scheer family reunion.  Oh my – and this group is all RV’s!  Yikes!  Including one of those fifth wheels towing a cargo trailer!  The guys have already diagnosed that my rear cylinder is blown – will make it overheat and have no oomph on grades.  I wonder if I can afford to get it fixed, if in fact that’s the problem! 

Actually – my brakes are being weird – and they get the first big of money thrown at them!  But, back to the group.  They expect between 100 and 150 people.  All the way from So Carolina.  I’m new to this family reunion thing – I don’t have much in the way of family! 

They’ve offered me a tin foil dinner when they are ready – hamburger, potatoes, carrots, etc.  Bless their hearts.  I got the power on to the bathroom lights, which will be a nice touch tonight.  I’m darting all around, making sure people are parking in the approved places and such. 

Emma is off at a catering job in Jackson.  Yes, she’s been here 2 weeks and has a job.  Good Lord.  Actually quite the job – tonight is chefs coming to a private residence – the service alone is costing the people like $600 – Emma is getting $160.  On Saturday she serves for a wine tasting.  That gig pays $18 an hour.  She had to buy closed tow black shoes for the endeavor – she found some Chinese Laundry flats on sale, and on sale again, for $10 at the only shoe store in town.  AND they were a size 10 – leftovers from Lord knows when.  But – she was in business.  Her own black slacks and a white shirt of mine – thank you Dian!  :)

On Monday we went to Teton National Park, I got my hair cut by Penni from Quartzsite.  Emma and I kayaked on Lake Jackson but no pics – I, ummmm, dropped my camera in the lake.  I think all is well, but we had to let it dry out a bit.  We toured up the East side of Yellowstone – the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is amazing! 

Then over to Island Park to see Larry and Sheila, as well as Laura from the forum.  We were late (LOTS of construction and traffic in Yellowstone) but they had saved some dinner.  Emma was there all of 5 minutes and was hustled off for a float trip on the Snake River. She certainly is having a packed month with me! 

At any rate – back to our new home – Reunion Flat Campground – it’s lovely nestled in here and I will attach some pictures of this!  All is well – I’m hustling my hiney – this job is really designed for two people and Emma is NOT interested in helping with this.  So – I’m doing all the bathrooms and mowing, etc etc etc.  I’d never used a riding mower until yesterday; spent 4 1/2 hours on one yesterday  - my back is killing me, it was NOT happy! 

Well – off to dinner – I have another group, of 60 or so, coming in tomorrow night.  This park has hugely busy weekends, and quiet weeks, we’ll see how I do!

Emma reading to preschoolers at the brand new Alta library – yes, she’s been busy!

Reunion Flat 005

Larry & Sheila’s grandson Ben’s softball tournament – Larry, Sheila, Emma, daughter Merry and her son Sid

Reunion Flat 009

Reunion Flat Campground at sunset

Reunion Flat 011

Reunion Flat 012

Jackson Lake that Emma and I kayaked; right before the camera took a swim! The Tetons from the East side!

Reunion Flat 013

And yes, I concede – Emma is a stronger paddler than I am!

Reunion Flat 014

So – is this gorgeous or what?!  My group has gone off to hike the waterfall trail that I used to be in charge of – I’m going to town to buy bread and make a truck appointment – have another group coming this afternoon!  Emma’s watching a movie, having gotten back at 2AM from the first catering job – but the hosts gave them each $200!  She was ecstatic!  Making bank!

1 comment:

  1. Love your pictures Kerry. I am glad you are having such a nice visit with your daughter. She seems like a real go-getter. The campground looks great.

    ReplyDelete