Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rexburg Walmart

Rexburg ID – the hard way!  Well, actually the easy, nice, flat way.  However, had my brake controller fail just as I was hitting the road this morning.  A nice ID patrolman said I was unsafe and I could NOT drive to Idaho Falls as planned for repairs.  I sat at the intersection of 84 & 86 for 5 hours or so – joined Coach Net – they let me join AND use all in one day.  I have had Farmer’s towing as a stop gap since I left AAA and knew it wasn’t going to cut it.  I’d planned to join Coach Net in July – they just got bumped up a month. 

Had two guys with me for probably 3 1/2 hours – they trouble shot the whole mess – missing magnet brackets and three of the four trailer wheels – although Coachmasters says I went out good yesterday – and I won’t argue – and then they had to trouble shoot the wiring from the controller in the truck, and then install the new one!  This cost me the $100 it cost to join and an extra $215 including parts.  Such a deal!  If it had to go down – well that was the way. 

I was going to pay back a loan to my first ex this month – it’s nominal, but I’ve been working up to being able to do it – and of course, I just spend it.  But at least it was there to spend!  So far I would highly recommend Coach Net – they were great.  Cute ISP who wouldn’t let me continue as well.

I didn’t sleep well last night – too much light – too much noise – so gee, THAT was so successful I’m now in a Walmart parking lot!  LOL  Hoping for dimmer and quieter.  I have  a family from Wyoming who is adjacent to me.  My pups are going nuts barking at their dog and boys.  But – I have company.  If I’m hungry I’m right by a KFC as well.

Actually – going to eat dinner now, take a shower and go to bed.  It IS 8PM here!  I think I’ve only got 50 or 60 miles tomorrow.  I’m going to check out the Walmart and Albertson’s before I leave; this is the closest Walmart to the park.  Emma is quite worried because repair guy said that Driggs was a ‘podunk’ town – and he’s, um, not exactly used to the big city!  :) 

Night all – hope this works well!  I’ll let you know tomorrow…..

No comments:

Post a Comment